Saturday, April 4, 2015

Previewing the 2015 Final Four


Apologies for the lateness of this post, but in case you didn’t notice:

IT'S HEEEEEERE!!! IT'S FINALLY HEEERE!!




In all honesty, I’m a little disappointed by this year’s Final Four. I feel like we don’t have a true Cinderella to root for this year. Michigan State might be a seven seed, but at the same time… it’s Tom Izzo. As was said on the @JeopradySports Twitter account:

Who is Tom Izzo?
That being said, I’m pretty sure we could round up the tuba section in my marching band, give them to Izzo, win the NIT in year one and the Big Dance in year two. But that’s just my opinion of Tom Izzo.

Basically, you are either for Kentucky, or you are against them. There is no in between unless you are forced by your profession to take an unbiased position. In which case, deep down inside you still have an opinion. Hopefully it’s the right one.

Kentucky, Wisconsin, or maybe you just don't care.
Choose wisely.


My personal opinion, Kentucky is freaking amazing. But it’s time for them to lose. No disrespect to Coach Cal, but things are just too perfect for him right now. He’s got a great team and a deep bench, he’s in the Final Four, and he is building off of momentum he had in the tournament last year.

Also, after K-State’s less-than perfect season, seeing a team have an absolutely perfect season sort of makes me feel like:

Yeah... I'm just kind of bitter. 

 Will Wisconsin beat Kentucky?
My Answer: YES! And here’s what sells me on this bold prediction:
Let’s travel back in time 



One year ago, Wisconsin faced Kentucky in the Final Four. The Badgers played the Wildcats close, and lead the game at halftime. But Wisconsin let their season slip out of their hands, and it was Kentucky that advanced in the tournament. The score, if you recall, was 74-73. One single point separated the Badgers from Monday night’s big stage.

Now let’s jump back to the present.

When you get the chance to take on the team that ended your season in a do-or-die match up… you want blood. Take it from someone who has experience. This isn’t just a battle for a chance to play on Monday, it is a chance for Wisconsin to take revenge on Kentucky cutting their season short last year. One point made all the difference, and I think Frank Kaminsky, Sam Dekker, and Nigel Hayes will remember how that felt. Other than being hungry for revenge, Wisconsin’s efficient offense will be key to upsetting Kentucky. Like I said earlier, it’s time for the ball to end for Kentucky.

The sun will set on Kentucky. It is only a matter of time.

Is there another game happening today besides Wisconsin and Kentucky?
My Answer: YES! And here’s what sells me on this bold prediction:
I checked the TV Guide.


DID YOU GUYS FORGET?!?


I feel bad for Duke and Michigan State taking a back seat to all the Kentucky hype. Good storylines exist here as well. Michigan State’s seniors are trying to milk every last second of their basketball season, lead mainly by Travis Trice who is averaging 19.7 points per game. While Duke’s golden boy, Jahlil Okafor has gone cold

Some might even say... the tournament has made him a bit... FROZEN.
Holy crap sometimes I hate myself.
Duke’s defense has heated up. Keep an eye on Justin Winslow to make some magic as well.

Cinderella story line? Perhaps not, but with the country divided between Kentucky lovers and haters, this Final Four should not be lacking in the entertainment department. Above all else, at least it will be fun to watch the bandwagon fans pretend they know about basketball on Twitter.



Keep smiling,

Liz Heath 
My live opinions as various sporting news opinions, and other things involving Florida Gulf Coast University: @SaxophoneLizard

DISCLAIMER: These pictures are only meant to enhance your blogging experience, not make me millions of dollars. If I wanted to that, I would have picked a major besides Journalism, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment